Friday, July 4, 2014

4th of July


"Can we do fireworks now?".  "Can we have ice cream now?". "How about now?", "NOW?" The girls were on a mission today for sparkles and sugar! Our day started with a mini bear parade courtesy of Charlotte:
And continued with an early day trip to the playground. These kids would have stayed on the swings all day if Mama would have kept pushing them! They eventually figured out the rest of the playground is fun too and Charlotte made it across the monkey bars for the first time...she was SO proud of herself!!! I was proud of her too:)


















We tried passing time with a Patriotic craft: Firework Wands









And dinner outside in the sunshine:


And FINALLY the ice cream!!!!





We lit off a few fireworks of our own...they look confused.....

It's now 9:30 pm and yes, this mean Mama bathed her children and made them go to bed while the real party is just getting started outside:) Well, I'm sorry but I was invited to a party myself...my old, super soft, stretched out pregnancy sweatpants and The Golden Girls are meeting me on the couch for a little quit time!!! I'm pooped!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment